Re: Smap: Collecting small programs

From: David Powers <david.powers_at_flinders.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 23:10:02 +0000

This is great Michael! I’ve just had a play and uploaded a couple of programs.

Unfortunately I’ve just yesterday finished lecturing on Curry for the year, showing code but not running it because I am unable to get things installed on the theatre PCs. Doing this from a browser with Smap would be perfect… But I will let the students know they can play with the language and examples without having to install Haskell/Prolog and Curry.

One thing I would ask is
a. whether you could allow us to run the Haskell programs under Curry to demonstrate compatibility, OR
b. whether you would prefer us to put up duplicate programs under Curry and Haskell with the same goal

I would also propose to put up some programs that test the definition of the language and have different behaviour under the different Curry systems.

It would also be good for some of the discussions on the list - e.g. the recent discussions of permutation sort in Curry vs Prolog.

cheers,
David