Smap: Collecting small programs

From: Michael Hanus <mh_at_informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 17:36:07 +0100

Hi,

my previous email reminded me that I wanted to announce
a web-based tool which is useful to store and run small
example Curry programs (but there is also support for
other languages like Haskell or Prolog):

*Smap*, see
http://www-ps.informatik.uni-kiel.de/smap/smap.cgi

With Smap, you can write (Curry) programs in a web browser,
execute them, and store them persistently (for the latter,
you have to sign up to Smap, which is easily possible).

Alternatively, it is also possible to create a URL containing
a program to be executed with Smap. For instance, the
following URL contains a definition of the classical
functional logic program "last" where Boolean equality
is used instead of a constraint in the condition:

http://www-ps.informatik.uni-kiel.de/smap/smap.cgi?upload?lang=Curry&program=%2D%2D+Definition+of+last+with+Boolean+equality%3A%0Alast+xs+%7C+xs+%3D%3D+%5F%2B%2B%5Be%5D++%3D+e+++where+e+free%0A%0Amain+%3D+last+%5B1%2C2%2C3%5D%0A

If you click on this URL, you can see, modify, and execute
this tiny program in your web browser.

The most recent version of the Curry tutorial

http://www-ps.informatik.uni-kiel.de/currywiki/documentation/tutorial

uses links to Smap for all example programs.

You are invited to store your favorite (Curry/Haskell/Prolog) programs
in Smap in order to share them with others.

Suggestions to improve Smap are always welcome!

Have fun,