Re: residuation for compositional search?

From: Michael Hanus <mh_at_informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 02:19:50 +0200

Antonio Regidor García wrote at June 14 (20:12):
> I don't think this is the case here. There is no error message here.

Whether or not an error message is provided is a question
of the programming environment. If I want to compute something
and get no result, I consider this as an error, i.e.,
I have to improve my program. For instance, consider the
expression (head []). In Haskell/GHC you get, as a service of
the run-time system, an error message. In Curry implementations,
this expressions fails and does not produce an error message.
However, if you turn the debugger on, you might get a message
about this failure.