PACS: The Portland Aachen Curry System

From: Michael Hanus <hanus_at_informatik.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 12:52:05 +0200 (MET DST)

Dear Colleagues,

as announced at the last Workshop on Functional and Logic Programming
in Grenoble, the first version of PACS, the Portland Aachen Curry System,
is available for downloading via our web pages.
Here is the short description of the system. More information is
available in the user manual.

PACS Version 1.0
================

PACS is a prototypical implementation of Curry jointly developed by the
Technical University of Aachen and Portland State University.
It has a common front-end and three different back-ends:
- a compiler from Curry into Prolog
- a compiler from Curry into Java
- an interpreter implemented in Prolog (the old TasteCurry system)
There is also an interactive WWW interface if you want to try
smaller programs without downloading the complete system.

The compiler from Curry into Prolog is the most recent development.
It is an interactive system to develop Curry programs with a simple
user interface and useful debugging features. Moreover, it also
implements the following language extensions:
- a constraint solver for arithmetic constraints over real numbers
- a constraint solver for finite domain constraints
- a (partial) implementation of the port concept for concurrent
  and distributed applications (which is described in my PPDP'99 paper)

Have fun!

Michael