Curry Style Guide

From: Michael Hanus <mh_at_informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 16:21:52 +0100

Hi,

when we are faced with the fact that more and more Curry source code
is produced, in particular, by different students, and we looked
at this code, we thought it might to a good idea to provide
some style guide in order to make the code more uniform.

Therefore, Bjoern Peemoeller initially wrote a style guide
for Curry, adapted from a style guide for Haskell.
Later, we developed also a tool which checks some rules
of this style guide. Although the tool does not check all style
rules, it is a good starting point so that we included it in the
recent distributions of PAKCS and KiCS2.

It would be nice if you might look into the style guide and send
suggestions for improvement, before we put more efforts
on the tool side (we plan to extend the style checks and maybe
extend the tool to perform transformations on the source code).

You can find references to the actual style guide and to the
style checker in

http://curry-language.org/documentation/style_guide