AW: Name discussion for new primtive

From: Prof. Dr. Herbert Kuchen <herbert_at_helios.uni-muenster.de>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:39:01 +0100

Bernd Brasel wrote:
> In order to give a summary of where the discussion is now, I
> think the
> following terms are those with current promoters:
>
> prefixes:
> a) ensure...
> b) eval2...
>
> full names
> 1) nonVar
> 2) ensurePattern
> 3) eval2nonVar

If I understood Sergio correctly, he suggests
"ensure" without any suffix, since a short name
sketching the semantics is better than a long
name explaining the sematics in detail. I agree
with this point of view.

Thus, I vote for "ensure".

By the way, we are about to contribute another
proof of the well-known thesis that syntax
discussions last at least double as long as
semantic discussions :-) .

Herbert