Re: MIU in Curry

From: Michael Hanus <mh_at_informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 10:07:29 +0200

On 04/28/2013 05:51 PM, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
>> P.S. All major Curry implementations (PAKCS, MCC, as well as KiCS2)
>> > support function patterns but (among them) only MCC and KiCS2 support
>> > breadth first search.
> Good to know. I had got the impression that only KiCS2 supports
> functional patterns.

Basically, PAKCS and KiCS2 have the same front end (derived from the MCC
front end but developed in a different way) so that the supported
features are quite similar. The only but important exceptions are
the search strategies (PAKCS is limited to depth-first search)
and a more general implementation of set functions in KiCS2.
Moreover, KiCS2 is more efficient (w.r.t. execution time of the
target programs) but slower in compilation time (due to its use of ghc).

I was not aware of the fact that MCC also supports functional patterns.
Which version should I use? I use version 0.9.11 and I can't see
there a support for functional patterns.