Re: default search strategy of KiCS2

From: Michael Hanus <mh_at_informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 18:29:56 +0200

On 04/26/2013 06:05 PM, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> what is the default search strategy of KiCS2? I haven’t found the answer
> in the KiCS2 manual.

Currently, the default strategy is depth-first search.
If you use the command ":set" in KiCS2, you can see all
current settings including the search strategy.

In the future, this might change to breadth-first search,
but the current implementation of breadth-first search
does not allow the observation of unbound variables
in the computed results. This is the reason why DFS
is still the default. For instance,

> x :: Bool where x free

binds x to True or False if you use BFS.
The reasons are a bit subtle, so I don't explain them...