Re: residuation for compositional search?

From: Michael Hanus <mh_at_informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 08:08:53 +0200

Brian Ledger wrote at June 14 (22:46):
> Does Curry have a denotational semantics? I have seen various
> different implementations reliant upon step-semantics and graph-
> rewriting, but not any particular denotational semantics.

Apart from the different syntax and features, the kernel of
Curry is similar to Toy so that it has the same execution-independent
semantics (based on the CRWL calculus) that can be found in
http://dblp.uni-trier.de/rec/bibtex/journals/jlp/Gonzalez-MorenoHLR99
Whether you like to call it denotational or declarative semantics,
is a matter of taste. Nevertheless, it is independent of a particular
execution strategy.