Re: report of PAKCS installation problems (partly solved)

From: Sebastian Fischer <sebf_at_informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 20:31:23 +0900

> I have no immediate solution but want to discuss various alternatives:
>
> - Use a distinguished encoding like UTF-8 for all programs,
> i.e., fix the encoding in the language definition.

This is the simplest option. As I don't see serious disadvantages, I'd
prefer to require UTF-8 for all programs.

This would not fix the problem immediately because cymake would need to read
the files in UTF-8 regardless of the user's locale. Or maybe this is already
the case (changing my locale did not change cymake's behaviour).

> In the meantime, I try to remove special characters from system
> libraries (as far as I see, the main source is Bernd's last name
> in the comments of some libraries...).

I had to convert the following files:

lib/GUI.curry
tools/erd2curry/CodeGeneration.curry
tools/ui/GUI.curry
tools/ui/GUI2HTML.curry
tools/ui/TypedUI2GUI
tools/ui/TypedUI2HTML.curry
tools/ui/UI.curry.curry
tools/ui/UI2GUI.curry
tools/ui/UI2HTML.curry

(not sure whether Bernd's family name was the problem)

Best regards,
Sebastian