Re: Invertible nondeterminism?

From: Juan Rodriguez Hortala <juanrh_at_fdi.ucm.es>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 12:48:50 +0100

Hi, I think you are much faster than me when answering e-mails! Anyway,
I do not understand this point
> Using the analogy of natural numbers with addition this is
>
> NAT + (-EVEN)
>
> which corresponds to
>
> nat ? anti evenNat

But if we think about (?) and 'anti' like the set operators U (union)
and \ (difference), then 'nat ? anti evenNat' is like

nat U (nat \ even) = nat

Does really (?) behave like some kind of addition, or like some kind of
set union operator? Which is the behaviour in concrete FLP systems?

Greetings,

Juan

--
Juan Rodríguez Hortalá
Grupo de Programación Declarativa / Declarative Programming Group