Re: design pattern wanted

From: Steffen Mazanek <steffen.mazanek_at_unibw.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 07:58:09 +0100

I got two replies so far. The first one suggested a solution
where instantiated and uninstantiated edges are hold in
two different data structures. But I guess this can only
be done making heavy use of unsafe functions and losing
nice properties.
The second reply suggested to think about tricks with
laziness. This is the direction my question was targeted
at. But I do not actually know whether and how this
can be done.
I wonder how the Prolog people deal with this issue. I
have not found a related approach yet. Do you know
of any work in this direction?