Re: Parser combinator problem

From: Steffen Mazanek <steffen.mazanek_at_unibw.de>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 09:17:29 +0100

Hello,

thank you Bernd and Wolfgang. Due to Wolfgangs example I now
understand the problem. I have to read more about the Curry
evaluation strategy. I first thought, that it might be enough to know
that it is optimal *g*. Of course, I will switch to the more efficient
implementation suggested by Bernd.

In my application domain (graph parsing) sets of edges are parsed,
so, in a sense, there is no real sequential composition. The
right-hand side of a graph grammar rule consists of several edges
that might be consumed in any order. However, for construction of
the result and for the sake of efficiency it is still meaningful to
force a particular order of evaluation.

Thanks again,

Steffen

--