Re: New PAKCS release (Version 1.8.0)

From: Sebastian Hanowski <seha_at_informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:02:53 +0200

Hello Claus,

* Am 20.04.07 schrieb Claus Reinke:

[...]

> i hope these non-deterministic ramblings of mine have not been completely
> off-topic. it is just that this discussion reminded me of things that were
> going through my mind in the context of my ancient MSc work (1991, in
> pre-Curry Kiel;-).
>
> claus

I wasn't aware of your thesis before, only got hold of your dissertation
at the library once.
Interesting sounding title though:

        "Elemente einer kombinierten funktionalen/logischen Sprache: ein
        Konzept für die Erweiterung einer Reduktionssprache"

        (google translation:
        "Elements of a combined functional/logical language: a concept for the
        extension of a reduction language")

I still need to consider further what you issued and promise to give
your work a look up.

Best regards,
Sebastian

PS

Off topic, but thought you could like it meanwhile:

 I once translated the proof from Kluge's book ("Abstract Computing
Machines - A Lambda Calculus Perspective", p. 363) of the reverse
function for inductive lists beeing it's own inverse into epigram, a
dependently typed programming language. Was an easy job, since Kluge
spelled things out in minute detail.

        http://www.mail-archive.com/epigram_at_durham.ac.uk/msg00165.html