Re: prelude extension proposal

From: Michael Hanus <mh_at_informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 18:08:08 +0200

Sergio Antoy wrote:
> the following does not work:
>
> prelude> findall (permute [1,2,3] =:=)
>
> which is often confusing to students.

Indeed, this is confusing and a bug in the comand line
interpreter. I fixed it and you can download it with
the latest PAKCS release. It also contains the operation

getAllValues :: a -> IO [a]
getAllValues e = return (findall (=:=e))

in the prelude (which was formerly in the library AllSolutions)
so that your students can use it without any further imports.
I agree that this operation (together with the SearchTrees)
is more useful than the old findall, but since this discussion
is not finished, the old findall is also available.