Re: prelude extension proposal

From: Wolfgang Lux <wlux_at_uni-muenster.de>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:01:40 +0200

Hi Bernd!

> Actually, this is what the mentioned paper describes. You can bind
> non-local variables, but this binding is then only local. Conceptually,
> strong encapsulation means making a copy of the whole evaluation state.

Ah, I see. Somehow I have missed the point that fresh variables are
used in the local search space. It's probably because there was never
a disagreement about the handling of non-local variables with respect
to the try primitive. I guess, I should fix MCC's implementation of
getSearchTree.

Regards
Wolfgang