Re: prelude extension proposal

From: Wolfgang Lux <wlux_at_uni-muenster.de>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 10:05:00 +0200

Sergio Antoy wrote:

> Hi Sebastian,
>
> Thanks for your reply. All good points. As for findall without
> any lambdas, there are other problems with the command line
> interpreter, which I should have pointed out in my message. E.g.,
> the following does not work:
>
> prelude> findall (permute [1,2,3] =:=)
>
> which is often confusing to students.

Sorry for the shameless plug, but all of these things (i.e., lambdas,
left and right sections, even local declarations) do work (and have
been working for a long time) in MCC's interactive interpreter cyi.
Maybe you should consider using MCC instead of PAKCS.

The only thing which you may eventually find annoying is that you have
to declare free variables explicitly even in interactive goals. E.g.,
in PAKCS you could use
   length Xs
whereas in cyi you have to enter either
   let Xs free in length Xs