[curry] Re: Recursion in Set Functions

From: Andy Jost <Andrew.Jost_at_synopsys.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2021 19:32:56 +0000

After more experimentation, I have found the problem only occurs when the a=
uxiliary function is declared in a "where" clauses, as was done in all of m=
y attempts. If I move all definitions to the file scope, the programs work=
 as I expect. The attached program demonstrates this.

Is this behavior expected? My understanding is that the only difference be=
tween the two declaration types is name visibility. Am I wrong?

Perhaps this issue is related to the use of default rules? I didn't see an=
y mention, e.g., here<https://www.informatik.uni-kiel.de/~curry/tutorial/tu=
torial.pdf>, that they must be defined at file scope, but maybe that is nec=
essary?

-Andy