Re: PAKCS 3.3.0 release available

From: Michael Hanus <mh_at_informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 11:39:42 +0100

Hi Sergio,

does the program use default rules and CurryPP?
The preprocessor translates default rules with set functions
so that it adds the import to the translated program.
Although this dependency is mentioned in the manual,
it might be better to explicitly require this import
in the source program so that it is visible to the programmer.
Sometimes I had problems with this implicit dependency
since the front-end had an unexpected behavior w.r.t.
recompiling the program. Therefore, some programs
in the example suite of the currypp package contain
such explicit imports. Maybe, CurryPP should not add
these imports but just check whether they are present
and report an error if they are not present.

Regards,

Michael