[curry] Re: Haskell compatibility

From: Michael Hanus <mh_at_informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 10:46:57 +0100

On 12/17/19 2:36 PM, Volker Wysk wrote:
> I'm a long-term Haskell user. Yes, that difference in the
> interpretation of equations was a source of confusion when I
> (partially) learned Mercury a few months ago...
>
> So you can't avoid looking at the entire code closely, when you want to
> port from Haskell to Curry.

Yes, this is true. You can translate each function individually,
but to avoid such misinterpretations, the patterns have to be
considered. Fortunately, our current front end provides warnings
in case of overlapping rules. Furthermore, the Curry program
analysis system CASS contains also (non)determinism analyses
which shows you potential sources of non-deterministic
behavior. This could be helpful when you port Haskell programs.

Regards,