Re: New KiCS2 release available

From: Michael Hanus <mh_at_informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 19:04:24 +0200

On 11.08.2014 12:38, lausgans_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Can we expect that KiCS2 will get CLP libraries?

We are working on it but one cannot expect CLP libraries
as in PAKCS (Boolean, real arithmetic, FD constraints).
We worked on integrating FD constraints in KiCS2 by connecting
external constraint solvers, see

http://www.informatik.uni-kiel.de/~mh/papers/ATPS14.html

Unfortunately, this implementation could have a negative
influence on the run-time system, even if FD constraints
are not used. Therefore, this is not in the current
main branch but we are looking for alternatives.
Definitely, FD constraints are an important issue so that
we look for options to include them into KiCS2.