Re: MIU in Curry

From: Wolfgang Jeltsch <wolfgang_at_cs.ioc.ee>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 18:51:31 +0300

[answering to the list]

Am Sonntag, den 28.04.2013, 11:10 +0200 schrieb Sebastian Fischer:
> > No, I don’t think I want to share results at all.
>
> At first, I thought sharing is essential to ensure that subsequent
> results of applyRule correspond to previous ones. Now, I'm not sure if
> sharing is necessary to achieve this. Does the program still work
> after adding a unit argument to strs?

Actually, I think that the program would become incorrect if I would
replace strs by strs (). For example, the first string would be computed
by applying the first rule to the initial string. This is a
nondeterministic computation in general. For computing the second
string, the first rule would be applied again to the initial string, and
the second rule would be applied to the result. The application of the
first rule would result in all possibilities again, not only the one
that was taken when computing the first string.

> […]

> P.S. All major Curry implementations (PAKCS, MCC, as well as KiCS2)
> support function patterns but (among them) only MCC and KiCS2 support
> breadth first search.

Good to know. I had got the impression that only KiCS2 supports
functional patterns.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang