Re: equality of partial applications

From: Michael Hanus <mh_at_informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 18:09:49 +0200

On 06/18/2012 09:53 AM, Sebastian Fischer wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Wolfgang Lux <wlux_at_uni-muenster.de> wrote:
>> However, what you are expecting here is extensional equality, which is impossible to support in Curry.
>
> Not only in Curry, as it is in general undecidable..

Just a short remark to your interesting discussion.

I think that undecidability is not an argument against supporting
extensional equality. Unification modulo defined operations
is also undecidable but still supported in Curry...

Actually, some form of higher-order unification was originally
proposed for Curry but later abandoned due to its complexity.