Re: equality of partial applications

From: Wolfgang Lux <wlux_at_uni-muenster.de>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 09:54:46 +0200

I wrote:

>> Hence, in your example it is the application (cast False) that suspends the evaluation.

Maybe I should have been a bit more precise; the suspension is caused during the evaluation of the equality constraint
 ignore False =:= ignore x
where x is the free variable introduced in the ignore function. Here the evaluation of the sub-constraint False =:= x is suspended until x is instantiated to a non-variable term, which of course never happens in your example.

Wolfgang