Re: New PAKCS release (Version 1.8.0)

From: Sebastian Hanowski <seha_at_informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:15:54 +0200

* Am 30.03.07 schrieb Emilio Jesús Gallego Arias:

> Let's think for a moment that coin could be automatically transformed
>
> coin = [0,1]
>
> so then, in any sane semantics (both operational or denotational) the
> equation
>
> let x = coin in (x,x) == (coin,coin)
>
> does hold. This is the kind of treatment I'd like to have. I'm sorry I
> haven't fully developed it yet.

Hello Emilio,

looks like you're essentially aiming at a monadic semantics of
non-determnism.
The above equation could also be formulated like this

        [(x,x) | x <- coin] == uncurry zip (coin,coin)

However, using the list monad to model non-determnism seems to have
never been appreciated much by the FLP community because disjunction
realized as concatenation is biased.

Best regards,
Sebastian