Re: Curry module system

From: Bernd Brassel <bbr_at_informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:17:45 +0100

Bernd Brassel wrote:

>>> I will ask on the Haskell Mailing List if there is a web page or so which
>>> describes the problems with the current system in a compact form.
>> Have a look at the thread starting with the message available under the
>> following URL:
>>
>> http://www.haskell.org//pipermail/haskell/2006-February/017578.html
>
> A bit more concrete is
>
> http://research.microsoft.com/~simonpj/Papers/records.htm

After looking up the topic some more, I could still find nothing
"broken" about the records in haskell98. There are, however, some wishes
for extensions and improvements. But as soon as such wishes cease, the
language is dead...
What's more, even the ghc does not support anything more than the
haskell98 version of records. In addition the haskell98 version is quite
easy to implement whereas approaches like the one in the paper above are
considerably more demanding to realize.
Thus, I propose to take the haskell98 version of records with labeld
fields for Curry.

Greetings
Bernd