Re: Curry module system

From: Michael Hanus <mh_at_informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 09:33:54 +0100

Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> > Requiring the existence of a module with a specific name
> > like "Main" seems to be a choice from older days and is
> > also not required in languages like Java.
>
> This seems like a good thing to me. However, it would be even better if the
> main I/O action also hasn't to be named main. Or is this already the case?

Right, it is not required that the main I/O action must have
the name "main". Actually, Curry implementations like the
Muenster Curry Compiler or PAKCS uses "main" as a default
main action but provide options to change this default
and provide any goal expression of type I/O in order to compile
stand-alone applications. Furthermore, they have also a Hugs-like
interactive top-level environment where any expression can be supplied
for evaluation.