external solvers

From: . <aik_at_fryazino.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 13:16:34 +0300

Is there any detailed documentation on concept of "external constraint solvers"
and their implementation? It seems that I do not really understand
how this is supposed to work and what this is supposed to do.
I supposed that external solvers are intended to solve constraints
that language core is unable to solve. But if this is true, I do not
understand how it can be done through external solver API defined.

           Yours,

           Igor