Re: MCC doen't want to install

From: Wolfgang Lux <wlux_at_uni-muenster.de>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:24:07 +0100

Igor wrote:

> I have one more silly question:
> MCC does not install on remote machine ( x86, FreeBSD, root rights )
> in our networks. "configure" says
> "checking how to import IOExts... configure: error: import of IOExts
> does not work"
>
> Where should I look at to find what is wrong?

The error message indicates that the ghc compiler on your FreeBSD
machine
has some troubles with locating its own libraries. Eventually, the
configure
output in config.log will reveal some details about the error. If you
are
sure that ghc is working on the remote machine and still have troubles,
feel free to contact me privately.

Regards
Wolfgang