Re: Evaluation Annotations: are they needed?

From: Michael Hanus <mh_at_informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:19:56 +0100

Wolfgang Lux wrote:
> I really do believe that we need some kind of evaluation annotation
> for that (probably in the class declaration in order to ensure that
> *all* instance implementations are evaluated rigidly).

I agree that evaluation annotations might be useful to ensure
rigidity of implementations of general interfaces, possibly
specified by type classes. However, since there is not much
experience with this, for the time being I think it is better
to leave this for a future extension and restrict the current
language definition.

Regards,