PAKCS Version 1.4 available

From: Michael Hanus <mh_at_informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 11:32:11 +0200

Dear Colleagues,

a new version of PAKCS, the Portland Aachen Kiel Curry System,
is available for downloading via the web page

http://www.informatik.uni-kiel.de/~pakcs/

A list of all changes is available in the release notes
(http://www.informatik.uni-kiel.de/~pakcs/relnotes.html).

The most important change is the addition of a module system
so that import declarations are no longer written as "--import Mod"
(like in PAKCS 1.3) but are now written in the standard syntax as
"import Mod".

Furthermore, a number of libraries have been added (thanks to Sergio Antoy)
(see http://www.informatik.uni-kiel.de/~pakcs/lib/)
and various new tools (e.g., documentation and test tools, partial
evaluator, etc) are integrated into the PAKCS environment.
I'll send later more infos about some of these tools.

Finally, PAKCS also supports an XML interface for intermediate
programs (see http://www.informatik.uni-kiel.de/~mh/curry/flat/)
so that the PAKCS front end can be easily used by other
back ends for functional logic languages or the PAKCS back end
can be also used by front ends for other functional logic languages.

Have fun and let me know any problems, suggestions etc,