Re: Curry-on to infinity

From: Michael Hanus <mh_at_informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2015 16:48:12 +0100

Hi,

just a short comment. I think the reason why your example works
is not due to the features of Curry but due to the unintended use
of some features. The non-strict unification operator (=:<=)
is intended to implement functional patterns, i.e., a rule like

   last (_++[x]) = x

is transformed into

   last xs | _++[x] =:<= xs =x where x free

in order to implement the intended semantics of functional patterns.
As an invariant, the second argument is always a variable denoting
some actual argument. Without this invariant, as in your fib example,
I don't see some declarative meaning of this operator (at least,
it has not be explored).