Re: Insertion Sort from Permutation Sort

From: Sebastian Fischer <sebf_at_informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 19:36:42 +0900

Hi Julio,

that's interesting. The Babel implementation must have been different
from the Curry implementations I was aware of until today.

Can you provide a reference to the implementation you have in mind?
After a quick search, I just found [2] which investigates the run time
of permutation sort on page eleven. Even the best (lazily pruning)
version there (apparently) still has exponential complexity.

Thanks,
Sebastian

[2] Efficient Translation of Lazy Functional Logic Programs into Prolog
    Michael Hanus
    www.informatik.uni-kiel.de/~mh/papers/LOPSTR95.ps