Re: MIU in Curry

From: Wolfgang Jeltsch <wolfgang_at_cs.ioc.ee>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 13:23:34 +0300

Hi Sebastian,

thank you for your answer.

The point is that I *do* use breadth-first search. The last line of my
code uses allValuesBFS. It doesn’t work nevertheless.

Using iterate with the rewrite function, you can compute derivable
strings. This is similar to my function applyRules. However, applyRules
computes finite derivations instead of infinite ones. Furthermore,
applyRules also takes into account the rules that are used.

My applyRules function works very well. The problem only pops up in the
derivation function. There, I use =:= to select all derivations that end
in the desired string, and I use a free variable rules to compute the
applied rules instead of providing them as a function argument.

Would you maybe like to have a look at the derivation function to see
what goes wrong there? This would be very helpful for me, since I have
no clue about where the problem lies.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang