Re: Parser combinator problem

From: Steffen Mazanek <steffen.mazanek_at_unibw.de>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 04:14:04 -0500

2008/2/11, Bernd Brassel <bbr_at_informatik.uni-kiel.de>:

> Is that you who did the talk about graph parsing at IFL last year? I
> thought it was quite interesting but if I remember it correctly there is
> still some way to go for a stable approach, right?
>
> Cheers
>
> Bernd

Yes, that was me :-). And yes, there had been a lot of open questions
at that time. However, since then several problems have been solved.
In particular the functional-logic approach helps a lot in this domain.
For instance, it is possible to directly translate so-called hyperedge
replacement grammars into a parser using the combinator approach.
And as known from logic languages that parser even can be applied
in the other direction for graph generation. A lot of work remains to
be done, though.

Thank you for your interest.

Steffen