Re: Intended meaning

From: Bernd Brassel <bbr_at_informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 10:59:04 +0200

Wolfgang Lux schrieb:

> Sorry to disagree; the fact whether you get a suspended result
> and 0 has nothing to do with fairness, it is simply a matter
> of (proper) handling of deadlocks. In fact, MCC, which uses
> backtracking like PAKCS at the top-level, reports a suspension
> first and then computes the result 0.

Right and that is mainly because "suspended" is just another word for
run-time error. :o) And it depends on whether you treat this error as
just another failure and go on with the search or if you make the
machine go to full stop. Personally, I think that full-stop failures
should be done only when strictly necessary, like "out-of-memory" and such.

Greetings
Bernd