Re: encapsulated search (Re: New PAKCS release (Version 1.8.0))

From: Michael Hanus <mh_at_informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 14:51:24 +0200

Claus Reinke wrote:
> i'd love to, but Curry developers do not seem to like windows
> users!-) in fact, i downloaded both PAKCS and Muenster Curry
> before i read the requirements:
>
> PAKCS doesn't even consider windows:
> "The current version of PAKCS runs on Unix-based platforms"

In principle, PAKCS should also run under Windows since it
is based on ghc for the front-end and (SWI/Sicstus) Prolog
for the back end, and both are also available for Windows.
However, this is only a principal consideration.
Since we don't use Windows and didn't find any volunteer
to do such a port, our distributions are for Unix only.
Anyway, all the sources are available in the source distribution,
so if you want...