Re: New PAKCS release (Version 1.8.0)

From: Bernd Brassel <bbr_at_informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 17:21:19 +0200

Michael Hanus wrote:
> Moreover, we could also allow
> partial applications as patterns (as in TOY).

I think there are still some definite problems with such patterns. For
instance, it does not harmonize well with the module system. It seems to
me that introducing such patterns makes the functional type a data
structure which can be enhanced with new constructors in each module.
This is not possible with any other data type and is thus suspicious to me.