New PAKCS release (Version 1.8.0)

From: Michael Hanus <mh_at_informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 13:27:46 +0200

Dear Colleagues,

I like to announce the availability of a new major release
of PAKCS. The new version 1.8.0 is available for downloading
via the usual web page

http://www.informatik.uni-kiel.de/~pakcs/

This version subsumes the numerous improvements of the previous
minor releases. In addition, it has a change in the code
generation so that does no longer perform eta-expansion
(i.e., translation of all equations to first-order rules).
This has some consequences to the implementation of I/O actions
that have been changed accordingly. Moreover, the implementation
of dynamic web pages (library HTML) is substantially changed
(cool down, only the implementation, not the interface).

Please have a look at the release notes for more details:
http://www.informatik.uni-kiel.de/~pakcs/RELNOTES.html

Have fun and let me know any problems, suggestions etc,