Re: Curry module system

From: Michael Hanus <mh_at_informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 18:03:11 +0100

Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> Maybe we shouldn't strictly force that a module Main is stored in Main.curry
> since this might cause problems if one wants to deal with several main I/O
> actions which, as far as I know, must all reside inside a module Main.

This is not required in Curry and I do not understand why this
should be required. In our implementation, we can have main
I/O actions in arbitrary modules, and this does not cause
any problem for the compiler, since the compiler always knows
which is the main module for a specific application.
Requiring the existence of a module with a specific name
like "Main" seems to be a choice from older days and is
also not required in languages like Java.