Re: prelude extension proposal

From: Wolfgang Lux <wlux_at_uni-muenster.de>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:13:45 +0200

Michael Hanus wrote:

> I fixed it and you can download it with
> the latest PAKCS release. It also contains the operation
>
> getAllValues :: a -> IO [a]
> getAllValues e = return (findall (=:=e))
>
> in the prelude (which was formerly in the library AllSolutions)
> so that your students can use it without any further imports.
> I agree that this operation (together with the SearchTrees)
> is more useful than the old findall, but since this discussion
> is not finished, the old findall is also available.

I am not opposed to including getSearchTree and friends in the
prelude and eventually removing findall in favor of getAllValues.

However, I would suggest omitting the Suspend case from the
SearchTree type in Bernd's proposal since suspensions are
always handled like a failure and any kind of implementation
that is able to resume a suspended search goal (which is not
possible in the current framework anyway) is likely to require
more information than a simple constant.

Regards
Wolfgang