Re: Curry Report Vers. 0.8

From: Wolfgang Lux <wlux_at_uni-muenster.de>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 10:09:23 +0200

Michael Hanus wrote:

> I'd like to inform you that I have updated the Curry report
> according to our last discussions. In particular,

I just noticed that the report uses some illegal expressions like
try \x -> 1 =:= 1 in a few places. According to the grammar in appendix
C this must be written as try (\x -> 1 =:= 1) because a lambda
expression
is not a BasicExpr. There are quite a lot of these erroneous expressions
in section 8 of the report and two of them also managed to make it into
the prelude in appendix B (in the definitions of one and condSearch).
Finally, I found one such expression in the operational semantics in
appendix D.7.

There are also some strange or missing line breaks in the context
free syntax in appendix C. Particularly in the definitions of Block,
TypeSynonymDecl, and TypeDeclaration.

Regards
Wolfgang